Stepping Stones Learning Center selects its staff based on their education, as well as their dedication and patience with children. Our certified professional staff are highly experienced and educated, each one holding a degree from a major college or university, state teaching certification and/or licensure from New York State to practice in their perspective areas. Paraeducators and assistants have degrees in related fields and experience working with children.
M.S. Speech Pathology - Nazareth College of Rochester
- C.A.S. Educational Administration - SUNY Brockport
- Certifications include:Doctorate in Philosophy in Educational Administration - Williamsburg University
- NYS Certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped K-1
- NYS Licensure and ASHA Certification Speech Pathologis
- NYS Certification as School District Administrator
Over 40 years of experience in speech pathology and education of children and their families.
In her spare time Mariellen enjoys reading, water activities, giving back to the community, enjoying friends, and spending time with her husband John & her children Alison, Kimberly, and John.
Administrative Leadership Team
Associate Executive Director
- B.A. Special Education - SUNY Geneseo
- M.S. Special Education - SUNY Geneseo
- School District Administrator Cert. - Massachusetts School of Liberal Arts
Rachel has over 20 years experience teaching, supervising, and developing programs and curriculum.
In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her three children, gardening, baking and practicing yoga.
Coordinator of Public Relations & Development
- B.A. - Education - Hartwick College 1988
- Master of Arts - Social & Educational Policy - SUNY Empire State College 203
- Came to SSLC as a parent in 1994
- Joined SSLC as a classroom teacher in 1997.
In his spare time Don enjoys spending time with his wife Janet and daughters Megan & Hanna, reading, running, and gardening.
Human Resources Coordinator
- B.S. in Communications - SUNY Brockport 1993
- Joined SSLC in 2007 as a Recruiter/HR Generalist.
Allison brings over 15 years of Human Resources experience to her role as the Human Resources Coordinatior at SSLC.
Coordinator of Finance & Administrative Services
- M.S. in Strategic Leadership - Roberts Wesleyan College
- Member of American Association of Notaries
- SSLC employee since October 2001
In her spare time Kris enjoys spending time with her family.
Coordinator of Autism Services
- General Education teaching certification for birth - 6th grade
- Special Education teaching certification for birth - 12th grade
- SSLC employee since 1997
- Partnered with the University of Rochester on nationally acclaimed Autism research.
In her spare time Mary likes reading, scrapbooking, and spending time with her husband and two sons.
- B.S. Psychology - SUNY Brockport
- NYS Teaching Certificate & MS Special Ed and Literacy - St. John Fisher College
- Professor in Psychology Dept. - St. John Fisher College
- 12 years of experience in Special Education
In her spare time Danielle likes spending time with her husband and two sons.
Assistant Coordinator of the Autism Program
- B.S. Degree - SUNY Brockport May 2000
- 12 years of experience providing quality services for children with Autism.
ABA Clinical Supervisor
- Masters degree of Special Education - SUNY Geneseo
- Special Education Teacher & Clinical Supervisor of Applied Behavioral Analysis program.
- Member of SSLC team for 10 years.
In her spare time Laura enjoys camping, backpacking, and skiiing.
Coordinator of the Related Services
- Certified NY State Licensed speech/language pathologist
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech & Hearing Assoc.
- Undergraduate degreee - SUNY Geneseo 2001
- Masters degree - College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY 2003
- Certified in Beckman Oral Motor therapy techniques
- Certified in Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- Member of SSLC team since 2004
SCERTS Clinical Supervisor
- B.S. degree in Special Education - St. John Fisher College
- Master's degree in Literacy Education - St. John Fisher College
- Member of SSLC team since 2006
In her spare time Liz enjoys tennis, cooking, and camping with her family.
Medicaid Service Coordinator & ABA Specialist
- B.S. degree - SUNY Brockport 2003
- Member of SSLC team since 2005
- Supervises intakes for Medicaid Service Coordination at SSLC
- Master's degree in Special Education & Early Childhood - Nazareth College
- 10 yrs experience teaching Special Education & Early Childhood